Friday, August 19, 2011

Favourite of The Day #1: Braised Pork Trotter

In fancy restaurant?!


Nope


***


In posh looking Chinese dining place?


Nope...

DSC_1377

Not anywhere but my house.


I just couldn't believe my eyes, I could have this braised pork trotter on a normal weekday at home. It was not some kind of special occasion eg: Chinese New Year or some reunion dinner or anyone's birthday. Just a simple normal day...

DSC_1362

Mum made us braised pork trotter!!! Fried and braised for hours; used a special way to flavour the whole pork trotter; and created this special this. I love the fats part the most; soft, silky soft and melted right on the tongue. The skin was packed with collagen while the meat was succulent. 

DSC_1355

Okay, don't drool in front of the screen :P


I wish i could have half of mum's skill! YUM!!! 


Happy Friday!

15 comments:

Nikel Khor said...

LIKE

Baby Sumo said...

You should learn to make this from your mum!!! Droolworthy :)

Chasing Food Dreams said...

drooling.... nothing beats mom's cooking!!

missyblurkit said...

yummy. with the 2 eggs too:D

ulric said...

Wow...heartstopping goodness! :)

choi yen said...

Why the pork trotter didn't cut into smaller size?

ai wei said...

nikel khor,
:)


baby sumo,
ya. i should really start learning from her. but i don't do well on the measurement of those seasoning. sigh


food dreams,
agree! hehe


missyblurkit,
^^


ulric,
haha, and put the cholesterol and waistline aside first


choiyen,
hmmm, how should i answer this?!
we sliced it only before served. and cut the portion that enough for us and keep the uncut one for the next meal.

Unknown said...

wow... i have a quick view on the photo, and finding the location for this restaurant, then... why no address written? so i read the details... oh~~ the location is private place... wahakakak~~

ai wei said...

miawru,
sorry to disappointed you as it is in my private kitchen.
hmmm, maybe in future time, there is private kitchen like this that serves this dish?! hehe ^^

Eat Only Lar! said...

Oh my god, and I thought it was from a restaurant! It looks so well-presented! And yes, I'm drooling. Haha! Can I go over and have some too? =D

Christine said...

recipe dear! i miss aunty's cooking.. still remember her yong tau foo.. yuumm! when wanna invite me over for dinner again? hehe

Ciki said...

you're killing me!! I'm so hungry now.. not fair!

ai wei said...

eatonlylar!,
haha, only in my house's 'restaurant' :P can, come over or we make pot luck or something? hehehe


christine,
oO, no idea what my mum add/put in. only available in my private kitchen.
let's make pot luck or something, then i can bring over :P (if mum willing to cook that for me).


cumi&ciki,
ohhh, i dun mean to 'kill' you >.<

JLo said...

looks yummy... can request for the recipe or not? thksss....

Ai Wei said...

JLo,
hello, i wish i could do up the recipe here. but mum told me she put the ingredients bit by bit without measurement. therefore, it's hard for me to conduct the recipe post. so sorry about that
>.<

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...