Tuesday, December 08, 2009

JJ Swiss Rolls from Ipoh

Thanks to Citygal for bringing this back from her lovely homeland weeks ago.

IMG_2341

JJ Swiss Rolls – the soft fluffy spongy cake rolled with abundant of creamy filling. The Swiss Rolls come in a variety of flavours – from normal butter cream to cream cheese filling. Priced at RM 8 to RM 15 per roll. The Swiss Roll is low in sugar, thus it is not very sweet. It is also free from preservatives and required to be refrigerated all the time. Besides that, fresh fruits and vegetables are used as part of the ingredients. This means that they max the flavours with fresh greens.


nov091

Clockwise: Coffee Walnut, Chocolate Hazelnut, Green Tea Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Cream Cheese


nov09

Personally, I Love the soft textures of Swiss Rolls but not the butter cream filling. Both Coffee Walnut and Chocolate Hazelnut are great as these are part of the best sellers. The green tea is good too. will definitely return for more J

PS: it is advisable to consume the cake within 3 days. However, Me and my family finished up the 2 rolls in one weeks time. And surprisingly, the Swiss rolls were still moist and spongy. <3




PPS: i had a great weekend in Bangkok. gonna update my BKK trip very very soon :)

11 comments:

Bangsar-bAbE said...

So nice of Citygal! I must try this when I go Ipoh soon. ;)

choi yen said...

what happen to the butter cream filling?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Only can buy this in Ipoh, too far lar, maybe I should bake my own, hehehe..Quickly update your BKK trip, I gonna to visit BKK beginning next year too.

ai wei said...

bangsar babe,
:) you must try it when you are up to ipoh again


mimi,
hmmm, i find the cream filling is a bit too greasy for me. maybe i dislike butter cream. however, brothers like them a lot


sonia,
ya, ipoh too far away, you should bake urs :)
will update my trip soon. but din get to visit many places

Pam said...

I've tried their Swiss Rolls before and I found that the sponge is pillowy soft but the cream is rather greasy... The yam flavour is quite nice.

Swee San said...

must go ipoh soon.. haven't been there for years T__T

iamthewitch said...

Oh you just ignited my craving for swiss rolls! LOL

ai wei said...

tarts n pies,
agree agree. somehow the butter cream fillings are bit too greasy for me. i scrapped away the cream while having this sponge cake. ><


swee san,
try to spare some times for ipoh? plan a 2 days trip maybe? :)


witch,
hehehe, look for this swiss rolls if you are in ipoh ya :)

Little Inbox said...

I like green tea Swiss Roll the most. :)

J2Kfm said...

incomparable eh? so healthy, tasty and fluffy.
i'd better get my fix before things get out of hand and they increase the prices due to soaring popularity.

superwilson said...

jj swiss roll oso so popular, must try jor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...